Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tea tasting: Sally Lunn's Black Lavender

Today's tea tasting again comes from Sally Lunn's, my favorite tea shop, found in Chester, NJ.  (http://www.sallylunns.com/).  I need to do a full, proper review for Sally Lunn's.  But not today.

Sally Lunn's Black Lavender is just what it says on the tin: basic quality black tea with lavender.  The lavender is strong but not overwhelming.  Lavender tastes more or less like it smells, if that makes any sense.  It doesn't detract from the crispness of the black tea.  I definitely like this better than the similar in concept rose petal tea that I tried last week.  No awful potpourri flashbacks today.

Given that today was awful, cold and snowy here at Majestic Mount Mackyntoich, I only sampled today's tea hot.  I like lavender stirred into lemonade (something else Sally Lunn's offers), so in theory I'll like this tea iced.  Despite my dedication to the exploration of all things tea, I'll likely be waiting until the temperature rises above freezing again before conducting that experiment.

I also didn't try this tea with sweetener today.  I think it might become cloying if even slightly over-sweetened.  But that also is a taste-test for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment