Sunday, December 22, 2013

Tea tasting: Adagio Christmas Tea

For the past several days, I have been savoring Adagio's Christmas tea (https://www.adagio.com/flavors/christmas.html).  Like most blends labeled "Christmas teas," this is a blend of black tea, orange, cinnamon and cloves, sometimes with other things sometimes not.  

Adagio's Christmas tea strikes a balance among the flavors that I particularly like.  The clove is the most noticeable; it's a spicy, zingy note.  The orange and cinnamon are background tastes that follow up on the clove, with the cinnamon hitting more strongly than the orange.  Adding honey brings the orange to the fore somewhat more.

For the record, this tea also works very nicely as a hot drink with a shot of spiced rum.  I've also blended it with hot spiced cider to good effect.
.

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by the idea of tea & cider. What kinds of cider to you mix with teas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most often, I make a sort of fruit-based herbal tea and then mix 2/3 tea with 1/3 of a fruity cider (soft, not hard). I drink that cold. However, the same ratio done with a Christmas tea with warmed apple cider is also excellent hot.

    ReplyDelete