Saturday, December 14, 2013

Guest Review: Adagio White Pear

I'd mentioned to several people that I will welcome guest tea reviews.  This one is from the lovely and talented   

Tea Tasting - Adagio White Pear

A wonderful box of tea samples arrived from Adagio yesterday. Some are gifts, some are MINE. This morning's pot of tea was focused on discovering if their White Pear compares at all to Celestial Seasonings' offering ('Perfectly Pear'), which has been discontinued with no easy buy-it-off-the-shelf replacement. That was my go-to light breakfast tea once I rediscovered it in my kitchen, and ran out just in time for it to disappear from the stores.

The dry tea itself does not smell very good. Almost musty, but it brews into a very nice, light, fruity tea, greeny-gold color. Definite pear flavor, no bitterness when brewed properly (approx. 4 min, at ~175-185 degrees). Not overly sweet or cloying, and no strange aftertaste like some fruit teas I've had. The flavor strengthens a bit more as it cools.

Honestly can't say exactly how this differs from CS White Pear, since it's been so long since I've had a cup. Very happy to have found a replacement for it, though. It will have a permanent place in my cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment