Friday, December 13, 2013

Tea tasting: Adagio's Dewy Cherry

The Adagio samples I ordered arrived today, and the first one I decided to sample was the herbal Dewy Cherry (https://www.adagio.com/herbal/dewy_cherry.html).

I just need to get one thing off my chest first: Dewy Cherry sounds like a stripper name.

The tea smells wonderful, like the best cherry pie filling.  The taste starts out with a tart bite that immediately shifts to full-bodied sweetness, and then the whole things smooths and mellows out.  That's a lot of things happening inside your mouth at once, but it all works.   The tea is sweet enough for me that I am not inclined to add honey or sugar.  Make sure you drink this slowly to give yourself time to savor the complexities.

I should add that the link to the webpage for the tea is generally the last thing I add when writing up a tasting.  I write my review first.  I say that because the description of the tea on Adagio's website is disconcertingly similar to what I came up with myself:

"Cherry pie, anyone? This delicious blend of sour cherries, apples, orange peels, rosehips and hibiscus flowers is an easy stand-in for dessert any day. Cheeky sweet and tart, with a clean finish. Naturally sweet and caffeine free."

I suppose I shouldn't have expected an adjective better than "cheeky" from a company willing to name its tea after a stripper.


No comments:

Post a Comment