Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tea tasting: Mighty Leaf's Pear Caramel Truffle Black

This is one of my favorite flavored black teas.  All of the flavors are very subtle.  I don't find it particularly fruity.  The black tea and caramel notes resonate most strongly for me.  I honestly don't detect truffle/chocolate at all.  There's a nice comforting smoothness to a cup of this tea, with no bitterness or bite.

The aroma of the tea in the bag is far stronger than the aroma once brewed.  I can smell the pear more than I can taste it; I think the pear quality best expresses itself in the smooth finish.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny, I forget how much I like this tea between cups. The name just always sounds wayyyyyy to sweet and fruity. I should just black out the name on the bag and change to it "Lovely Cuppa".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about the name. It sounds like it should be teeth-achingly sweet, but it's got only the most minimal sweet notes in the background.

    ReplyDelete