Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tea experiments: Teavana's White Chocolate Peppermint + Crushed Candy Canes

With Polarvortexmaggedon settling in here on the East Coast, the folks here at Mt. Mackyntoich were in dire need of warm, soothing tea.  As an experiment, I made a pot of Teavana's White Chocolate Peppermint Rooibos (previously reviewed on this blog at http://alysteaparty.blogspot.com/2013/12/tea-tasting-teavana-white-chocolate.html).  I then crushed leftover candy canes into our mugs and poured the tea over them.  I used about half of a large size candy cane for myself, and a whole candy cane for +Robert Peterson , who likes his tea much much sweeter than I do.

It worked splendidly.  The candy cane emphasized the peppermint aspect of the tea without losing the white chocolate undertone.  The whole drink was made richer, like a fine minty-sweet dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment