Sunday, January 19, 2014

Guest review: Adagio's Dragonwell Green

+Camille des Jardins  has provided me with another guest review, this time for Dragonwell Green (http://www.adagio.com/green/dragonwell.html) :

"I first tried Dragonwell tea many many years ago, when I first realized that tea was a Thing, and started to pay more attention. Mom had discovered Stash Tea, and was finding all sorts of interesting varities. I wanted to try Dragonwell because of the name. And it sounded good, but mostly because dragon. I don't remember if I liked it or not. Figured I'd try it again, given the opportunity.

Adagio's Dragonwell brews a pale green cup of tea when done according to recommendations. Earthy, 'green' scent, but not super strong. Lovely light, slightly smoky flavor. Nicely warming after shoveling the walkway in single-digit temperatures. I forgot about the second steeping I had started in the evening with the morning's tea leaves for about 10 minutes, and figured I'd ruined it, but there is none of the bitterness I usually associate with over-steeped green tea, and the flavor is just as nice as the morning's cup. A wonderful, wonderful tea."




1 comment:

  1. I liked this tea a lot; I found it rich in flavor and also quite aromatic.

    I found it to infuse rather quickly...in that when I tried steeping a second cup, there wasn't much flavor left. So I could imagine that this may explain how or why it can be steeped for a long time without becoming too bitter. But the first cup was very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete