Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Alys's Tea Party Blend: Hala Kahiki

Thanks to my good friend +Michelle O'Malley, I have developed a true love for Hawaii.   I love its unique cultural blend, its food and its fascinating history.  I wanted to make a tea that spoke to me of plate lunch, shrimp trucks, plantation iced tea, scrambled eggs with mahi mahi and "two scoop rice," and the Hawaii that Joe and Michelle have let me experience.  I am glad to report that I pulled it off.

Hala kahiki is one of the Hawaiian words for "pineapple," one of the primary elements in this tea.  I've blended the flavors of coconut, pineapple and chai (cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and lemongrass) to produce a cup that puts me right onto Sans Souci beach.  It's slightly sweet without needing any extra sweetener.

When the weather warms up a bit, I'm going to try this iced, but for now it is warm and cozy and welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment