Sunday, January 15, 2017

Tea tasting: Adagio's Spiced Apple Chai

I am terribly disappointed in Adagio's Spiced Apple Chai.  I was hoping for an apple tea with chai spices, sort of like a spicy apple pie.  What I got was a chai tea that smelled like apples but contained no apple taste at all.   Even adding honey or sugar did not produce anything more than the vaguest hint of fruity apple sweetness.

It's a good enough chai tea, but I don't buy something billed as "spiced apple chai" unless I want an apple flavor.  If the tea tasted anything like its aroma, it would be perfect.  That aroma just adds to my disappointment in the flavor.

I wonder what this tea would be like combined with apple cider, but I could probably achieve the same effect with any chai tea combined with apple cider.

No comments:

Post a Comment