Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Tea tasting: Teavana's Poached Pear Cider

"Poached Pear Cider" is no longer Teavana's website for some reason.   From other sources, I can tell you that it's an herbal tisane composed of apple pieces, cardamom, cinnamon, citrus peel, cloves, ginger, hibiscus, lemongrass, and licorice root.

I wanted to love Poached Pear Cider.  I love pears and a tea flavored like pear cider sounded right up my alley.  Unfortunately, this tea just doesn't work for me at all.  It smells far better than it tastes.  The flavors are weak, even when I used 2 tsps for a cup and brew it for 6+ minutes.  It's not distinctly pear -flavored -- it's just a sort of undifferentiated fruit.   To be sure, the flavor isn't actively unpleasant, but it is terribly disappointing.

This tea might be ideal for combining with actual hard pear cider, though.  Would someone like to experiment and tell me the results?

No comments:

Post a Comment