Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Alys' Tea Party Blend: Mackyntoich Apple Crisp

I set out to make Mackyntoich Apple Crisp taste like dessert, and I largely succeeded, although it took some experimentation to get it right.  To get the proper taste from this tea, you need to use between 1.5 and 2 teaspoons per cup brewed.   Using more than the usual amount of tea gets the right flavor blend of apple and caramel, with the slightest hint of vanilla.

The apple and caramel notes make this tea more than sweet enough for my taste.  Adding a teaspoon of honey makes it sort of cloying.  But I think someone who loves sweet tea would find it just right.

I have only tried it hot, not iced, because it is the perfect warm drink for a winter night.  It's almost as good as actual apple crisp.  Almost.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment