Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tea tasting: Adagio's Vanilla Oolong

This morning's pot was Adagio's Vanilla Oolong (http://www.adagio.com/oolong/vanilla_oolong.html).  Although the website advertises the tea in terms of sugar cookies, I can't imagine a less sugar-cookie like vanilla tea.  It has a wonderful vanilla aroma, but its taste isn't sweet.  It's got flavor notes akin to the smell of baked sugar.  I liked its complexity and character.   I'm going to make sure I make the next pot on a morning when I have two brain cells to rub together so that I can appreciate it more fully than I did this morning.

I think this tea would be spectacular iced, particularly with a little bit of the sweet vanilla-flavored syrups that are often used for coffee drinks.

I'm going to buy a larger package of it and experiment with it a bit.  I think it could also be excellent with a little bit of cinnamon and sugar for sweetening, or with a vanilla creme honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment