Thursday, February 13, 2014

Guest review: Bad tea chronicles

From the noble and redoubtable +Jody Livingston

"I have a Tassimo coffee maker, courtesy of my lovely friend Lorree, who's move out of the country necessitated divesting herself of her appliances. Since I like both coffee and tea, I ordered an assortment of both from Amazon. I got the Twinnings Tea Sampler. I won't get it again. Tea should not be made with a Tassimo. It's just not properly brewed. However, the Chai was the worst, and not because of the machine. The machine would not have made it the sickly sweet, chemical tasting mess that I drank. Even trying to doctor it with cream failed to save it. I finally just threw it down the sink and made myself a cup of Kona to appease my taste buds.

By the way, if you ever want to hack your Tassimo so you can brew your own coffee, rather than constantly paying through the nose for their non-reusable pods, give me a shout. All it takes is a pen, a Dremel tool and stopper."

No comments:

Post a Comment