Sunday, February 16, 2014

Adagio's White Blueberry

I am beginning to notice a trend with Adagio's white teas.  They need far more than the recommended steeping time to have any character or flavor at all.   I wonder if perhaps my definition of a "heaping tablespoon" is different from theirs.

The aroma of Adagio's White Blueberry (http://www.adagio.com/white/white_blueberry.html) was, as with the White Peach, by far the best part of the tea.  It had a rich, fruity scent that did not fulfill its promise when it came to taste.  By steeping it for about twice the recommended 3-5 minutes, I managed to get flavors of both tea and blueberry out of it, but even then it was only the slightest of notes.  Adding sweetener only gave me the flavor of honey; it didn't enhance the tea or the blueberry in any significant way.

I will finish my sample package, but I won't be buying this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment