Sunday, November 20, 2022

Harney & Sons' Tower of London

 If I had to pick one and only one flavored black to drink for the rest of my life (the horror!), it would be Harney & Sons' Tower of London blend.  

Ingredients: Black tea, oolong tea, vanilla, black currant, caramel flavors, bergamot oil, honey flavor.

First of all, as someone who is not the biggest fan of bergamot, let me assure the rest of my bergamot-haters out there that I cannot taste it in this tea AT ALL.

What I get from this tea is the black currant and the honey, with just a shade of vanilla.  There is the tiniest bit of natural sweetness.  Before I looked at the ingredient label, I would have said there was black cherry of some kind in here too, but there isn't.  It's dark, subtle with its flavoring and still tastes like good black tea more than anything else.  All of the flavors come together into a truly elegant mix.  I have never found another tea quite like it.  

The instructions call for a 5-minute steep and it definitely wants that long.  The few times I've gotten called away and left the tea bag in, I have come back to a strong brew but never a bitter one.  Those who like sweetener or milk in their tea tell me it holds up to both admirably.

No comments:

Post a Comment