Thursday, November 17, 2022

Harney & Sons' Capri

 Harney & Sons is one of my all-around favorite tea blenders.  I've never had a bad tea blend from them.  I'm pleased to say their Capri blend continues the trend.

It's billed as "Reminiscent of Isola di Capri in Italy, Capri combines dried figs, tart lemon, with a hint of vanilla. A wonderful naturally flavored black tea just as miraculous at the coastal scenes from the island!"

Ingredients: Black tea, lemon peel, dried figs, fig flavor, vanilla flavor, lemon flavor. Contains natural flavors. 

The aroma in the tin is very subtle, mostly tea.  The Harney website suggests a 5-minute steep, which is long for a black, but they've never steered me wrong before.   

The 5-minute steep turns out to be just about right.  Brewed for that length, I can taste the lemon and fig notes very lightly amid the good quality black tea.   Brewed for a shorter time, those notes disappear entirely.  Don't get me wrong, this is good tea.  It tastes good, very bright.  But those specific individual flavor notes mentioned in the write-up are hard to discern.  

This tea stands up for  second brewing, also very good, also featuring a nice blend of the flavors with no particular note standing out more than any other.

I need to play around with this tea a little bit.  Maybe honey.  Maybe different kinds of honey.  Hmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment