Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Adagio's Cinnamon Vanilla Black Tea

 I got SO MUCH TEA for the holidays, including a whole lot of samplers from different companies.  So, off I go to start reviewing.

Today's tea is, unfortunately, a straight up disappointment.  Cinnamon + vanilla sounds like a great idea, doesn't it?   No so much in the execution.  I brewed it per the package directions at 212° F for 3 minutes, using my lovely little tea timer hourglasses that were also a Christmas present (using a gift card from my sister).  It was utterly unremarkable.  I barely tasted cinnamon, much less anything resembling vanilla.  It was bland.  

Now, my first worry these days when I don't taste something is to go take a COVID test.  But fortunately I had some very delicately flavored marzipan easily to hand, so I ate some of that to see if I could taste it and yep, tasted exactly like it is supposed to taste.  Having confirmed that the problem isn't in my taste buds, I can only blame the tea. 

It doesn't appear that this tea is generally available.  Apparently it's only part of the sampler pack I was gifted.  So it looks like y'all have dodged a bullet.   However, should it become available, I can't recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment