Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tea disasters

I just narrowly escaped a tea disaster.   I had brewed the water and poured it over 3 balls of Teavana's Black Dragon Pearl, which has a brewing time of 3-5 minutes.

Then I got on a call for work.

Twenty minutes later, I returned to find the tea still brewing in the ball . . .

I am pleased to report that the tea remained eminently drinkable, not bitter at all, and very flavorful without being overwhelming.  It needed only a little refreshing with about 1/4 cup boiling water to make it the temperature I like.

However, this got me thinking about tea mistakes and disasters.  We've all had them, whether it be from under-brewing, over-brewing, bad tea or bad things put into tea.   What was your worst or funniest tea disaster/mistake?

No comments:

Post a Comment