Sunday, March 16, 2014

Adagio's Wild Strawberry Herbal

It's unseasonably cold today with another winter storm on the way, and I am in dire need of something spring-like.  So I opened my sample of Adagio's Wild Strawberry (http://www.adagio.com/herbal/wild_strawberry.html) herbal tea.   It has a rich, fruity aroma that smells more of apples and hibiscus than strawberries.   When brewed, however, it has a lush, mellow flavor with just a hint of sweetness.  There are no strong hisbiscus notes, which I tend to dislike, and very little aftertaste of any kind.

Adagio recommends using heaping tablespoons when brewing this tea and I agree.  I find that about one and a half teaspoons produces a nice flavor.

I don't think the brew needs sweetening, but in the interests of science, I tried a cup with a teaspoon of honey.  It's not my favorite honeyed tea (that remains the blood orange herbal I reviewed several months ago) but it has a nice fruit punchy quality.

I look forward to the day when drinking this blend iced is an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment