Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Harney & Sons bottled teas

I was quite surprised to discover that Harney & Sons is selling bottled iced teas.  I found them at the local Supermarket With Pretensions, but they were not any more expensive than a bottle of Snapple.  You can also buy them on-line in cases of 12.  (https://www.harney.com/bottled-beverages/iced-teas.html).

I tried the Black Tea with Black Currant, which I found to be sweeter than I generally like my black teas, but nowhere near as sweet as a Snapple or Lipton bottled tea.  It was sweetened with cane sugar, rather than High Fructose Corn Syrup.  To my mind real sugar always produces a better quality of sweetness.  The black currant added just a bit of fruity flavor over the tea.  While it didn't excite me as the best drink ever, I will definitely pick up the Harney & Sons Black Tea with Black Currant as long as it continues to be in the same price range as other bottled iced teas.

I also tried the Green Tea with Coconut, which I liked a great deal.  Again, there was a light bit of sweetness provided by cane sugar.  The coconut flavor balanced out any bitterness from the green tea without eliminating the inherent flavor of the tea.  As between the two, unless I need the caffeine, I'll take the Green Tea with Coconut over the Black Tea with Black Currant all the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment