Saturday, March 14, 2020

Harney & Sons' Bangkok Tea

Harney & Sons' Bangkok tea was previously sold under the name "Green Tea with Coconut, Ginger & Vanilla."  I'm not sure why they went with the less descriptive name except to save ink.  As it used to say on the tin, it's green tea with flavors of coconut, ginger and vanilla.  Coconut is the most prominent flavor and aroma, so if you are anti-coconut, this tea is not for you.

I happen to be pro-coconut, so this tea works for me on multiple levels.  The vanilla and the coconut work nicely together, without taking on an artificial "creamy" mouth feel (I'm looking at you, David's Teas).  The ginger is very much in the background.   Apparently there's lemongrass in here somewhere, but I didn't taste it.

I like this tea a great deal.  It's tasty and warm and pairs great with Chinese or Thai food (no surprise, since that's the cuisine that inspired the tea).

No comments:

Post a Comment