Saturday, March 28, 2020

Guest Review: Republic of Tea Downton Abbey Estate blend

A guest review from Erika M.!  Many thanks to her for this!

With the release of the movie in 2019 came a new round of Downton Abbey teas from Republic of Tea, now famous among Downton fans for their character based blends.  (Note from Alys -  I love their English Rose blend and reviewed it here: https://alysteaparty.blogspot.com/2014/03/tea-tasting-republic-of-teas-downton.html)

Downtown Abbey Estate Blend features the Dowager Countess taking tea on the lawn on the label and names itself for the great estate itself. 

My usual method for drinking Earl Grey is with a little sugar and milk. This holds up beautifully to that treatment. The tea brews nicely from its signature round stringless teabag. It is light for an Earl Grey, and lighter on the bergamot than some in favor of a strong warm vanilla, but the bergamot is there, don’t worry. 

My first exposure to Earl Grey (that I liked) was in Ireland- drinking a cuppa very quickly as we got ready to leave each day on an outing. It was wonderful, and this tea brought me directly back across the pond. 

I would absolutely recommend this blend to all lovers of Earl Grey! I was afraid it was only available during the days of the traveling exhibit, but I am thrilled to find it is available on their website. 

For Alys's opinion of the same tea (albeit from 2016) see https://alysteaparty.blogspot.com/2016/03/tea-tasting-republic-of-teas-downton.html

No comments:

Post a Comment