Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tea Tasting: Twinings' Buttermint

Twinings has a new herbal tea out called Buttermint.  It's a combination of vanilla and peppermint (no butter).

The aroma is great, minty and smooth like buttermint candies, with a slight hint of sweetness.  The brew itself is not sweet.  It's predominantly peppermint with the vanilla flavor creeping up in the aftertaste.  It's a wonderful comfort brew (I've got a cold coming on, and it's perfect!).   I'm going to try it with honey and maybe some lavender sugar later tonight.

The natural comparison is to my own specialty tea, Marion's Vanilla Mint.  The minty quality in Marion's Vanilla Mint is richer and more complex than in Buttermint, because I used both peppermint and spearmint in the blend.  However, Twinings does a better job integrating the vanilla.

Now that I've got both a box of Buttermint and a half a bag of Marion's Vanilla Mint in the house, I really need to buy some vanilla honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment