Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Alys's Tea Party Blend: Marion's Vanilla Mint

I finally got around to opening my package of Marion's Vanilla Mint Blend now that the weather has retreated to less oppressive temperatures.  Although the blend didn't come out precisely as I intended, it's very good even so.

The aroma and the taste are both intensely minty.  The combination of peppermint and spearmint creates a rich, full-bodied taste.  Unfortunately, that taste completely overwhelms the vanilla elements.  At most, the vanilla serves as a mellowing element in the aftertaste.

However, I have some lovely vanilla sugar, which brought the vanilla elements to the fore when added.  I expect that a vanilla honey would be equally nice in a hot version of this tea.

This blend ices up spectacularly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment