Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Alys's Tea Party Blend: Rhymes with Orange

Rhymes with Orange is one of my specialty Adagio blends.  I set out to make a fruity but not too sweet decaf tea for icing in the summer.  I didn't quite get around to tasting it in the summer, but such is life.

I accomplished what I was looking for -- it's fruity and flavorable, and can be brewed strong enough to ice without becoming bitter.  It's not an overly sweet orange.  But it is also not a tepid limp orange (Lipton "Gentle Orange" I'm looking at you) and it avoids being too tart or sharp.  It reminds me a lot of the orange/tangerine sauces I get with Chinese food.  It seems to be a fairly popular blend, so I guess other people like fruit that is not overly sweet or tart. 

This tea is also a wonderful base for experimentation.  I think this would blend nicely with some alcohols, and also with non-alcoholic ciders.  I may experiment with adding mulling spices.  I'm defintely going to try blending this tea with one of my chocolate teas and see if it produces a good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment