Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tea tasting: Tea Forté's Rosemary Tangerine White Tea

Rosemary is not a flavor I immediately associate with tea (with pork loin, definitely).  

Tea Forté's Rosemary Tangerine White Tea works far better than it should.  I'm not sure I would buy a full box of it, but I will definitely finish the sample package.  This is NOT a fruity tea.  The aroma is all rosemary with a hint of tangerine.  The flavor starts out tangerine, but the rosemary quickly overwrites it.  I can still taste the tangerine underneath, somewhat.  It's . . . odd.   

This tea definitely needs pairing with food.   It paired surprisingly well with the gingerbread cookies I had as a snack this afternoon.  I think it would go well with any kind of strongly-flavored savory meal.   +Jody Livingston  suggested pairing with garlic, and that might work.  I'm immediately immediately thinking of herbed meats of various kinds, rather than something pasta-like.

This tea needs to be consumed hot.  Tea Forté's website says it's "refreshing iced" but they lie, lie lie.  It's appallingly bad when iced unless you like drinking liquid rosemary.

Likewise, this white tea needs to be brewed at the right temperature (185 F) or else it becomes a muddy awful herby mess.

I'd recommend this anyone with an adventurous palate who likes savory flavors, particularly if it is part of a sampler pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment