Monday, December 21, 2015

Bottle tea: Teas' Tea Unsweetened Black

I may finally have found that elusive unicorn of tea -- a bottled black ice tea that tastes like really good black tea, with no sweetener or weird aftertastes.   In the grocery store this morning, I found Teas' Tea bottled black tea, which advertised itself as "unsweetened" and "rich & subtle."

This is a serious tea drinker's tea.  It tastes like tea, with tea-like qualities and tea flavors.  And it's strong black tea.   As in, "I probably lost a layer of enamel on my teeth" strong and "I hope I don't drop this on my desk and dissolve a layer of varnish on the wood" strong.   Probably strong enough for +Rhiannon theCurious.   But it's oh so delicious for people who love the inherent taste of tea.  After little diluting with water (about 1/4 water to 3/4 tea), it has been a perfect morning wake-up tea.

I found this tea in King's, but I bet it will also be available in Wegman's or any similar upscale grocery store.  It's also available for ordering on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment