Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tea tasting: Tea Forte's Coconut Mango Colada Green Tea

For some reason, adding tropical flavors to green tea seems enormously popular.  I must admit that the combination works.  I've liked pretty much every tropical green tea blend I've tried so far.

Tea Forte's Coconut Mango Colada Green Tea works adequately as hot tea, but spectacularly as iced tea.  The tang of the green tea prevents the coconut, mango and vanilla notes from becoming overly sweet.   Tea Forte claims there's also some lime in this mix, but I can't taste it.  

The coconut aroma is very strong, but it does not come out nearly as strongly in the taste.  It surfaces primarily in the aftertaste.  The most dominate flavor is fruity.

If it were not 90+ degrees out, I would consider drinking this hot with some honey to see what that did to the flavor profile.   I'm also wondering what this would taste like as iced tea with some sweet moscato added.  Or lime juice.  Perhaps I will experiment after work.


No comments:

Post a Comment