Friday, July 17, 2015

Guest Tea Review

A guest review from regular reader +Jody Livingston, concerning some tea brought back from the Kingdom of the Rat God:

I was gifted with a package of tea from the Joffrey Coffee and Tea Company. Since it's summer, everything is getting made into iced tea so I made a batch of the Tahitian Vanilla Rose oolong tea. I made half a gallon and added a half cup of simple syrup. I tried a couple sips while it was still hot, and all I can say is, I hope it was better iced. It was sickeningly vanilla, and I could barely taste the rose. I like rose tea, I use rose sugar, and I've made rose cookies, so I was really looking forward to this tea. Once it was iced, it was just as bad. Completely unbalanced. I think vanilla should be a subtle taste, and not overwhelming. I thought to myself, What Would Alys Do? 

So I added about a half ounce of rosewater that I use for cooking and voila, balance. So now the tea shines, the balance is lovely, and all the tastes compliment each other, rather than the slap fight that was going on when I first tasted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment