Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Tea tasting: Tea Forte's Peach Rhubarb Preserve

I picked up a sample package of fruity white teas from Tea Forte.  One of the favorites of the samples so far is Peach Rhubarb Preserve.  It has a fruity cinnamon aroma that screams peach pie to me.  The flavor is definitely fruity, but not overly sweet.  That could be the effect of the rhubarb moderating the sweetness of the peach.  After the first initial sweetness, there's a lingering tartness plus the smooth aftertaste of light cinnamon.

I wish it were an herbal rather than white tea, because I'd love to be able to drink this in the evening to relax.  

It's a strong enough flavor that this tea would be splendid iced.  I don't think sugar would help it at all.  Honey yielded with a light hand, however, could work quite nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment