Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tea tasting: David's Teas' Midsummer Night's Dream

I can't completely break up with David's Teas until I at least taste the non-lethal non-rooibos samples included in my Christmas/birthday present.

Tonight's experiment is Midsummer Night's Dream, which bills itself as a "citrusy-mint tea with sweet apples, cool spearment, tart gooseberries and petals of marigolds and rose."  Someone needs to tell them that apples are not citrus fruits.   After checking the ingredients carefully, here we go.

It smells peculiar.  I can detect both citrus and mint, but in an odd balance.

The taste is far better than the aroma, fortunately.   It's pretty much what it says on the tin: citrus and mint.  The citrus is bright and sunny, and the mint is very subtle.  Strangely, I don't detect any apple at all, despite the apple pieces clearly being part of the tisane.  I'd definitely drink this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment