Monday, January 12, 2015

Tea tasting: David's Teas Apple Custard

I am working my way through the David's Teas tea sampler that +Joseph O'Malley and +Michelle O'Malley got me for Christmas.   Not wanting caffeine this evening, I decided to try the Apple Custard herbal.    It's . . . odd.

The tisane is decidedly more custardy than apple.  It's got that creamy note that David's somehow gets into some of its teas, and a definite vanilla aftertone.  But I'm not really getting apple as anything more than an afterthought.  I'm almost inclined to do a blend of this with a Celestial Seasonings Apple Spice to see if it strengthens the apple flavor.  I may also experiment with sweetening it with honey or that apple ice cider I like so much.

I don't dislike it.  It's just not what I anticipated from a tea billed as a "apple" custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment