Friday, January 9, 2015

Tea tasting: David's Tea Bubbie's Baklava

I ended up working from home the last two days because the ferocious cold disagrees profoundly with my joints.  As a result, I had the chance to sample some new tea:  David's Tea Bubbie's Baklava.   Despite the silly name, I found it quite good for a wintery day.

It's an oolong tea with nuts, cinnamon and a host of other flavors added.  The cinnamon is the most noticeable tone -- it's most prominent in both the aroma and the flavor.  The other flavor notes include a little bit of fruit and a little bit of rose and a hint of ginger.  All in all, it is almost exactly like drinking the aroma of a bakery.

This brew is very much a matter of taste.  Some people will like it (me), but I expect most people will find it too cloying.  But fresh baked goods are among my greatest food weaknesses, and there's something about this tea that captures in liquid form the aroma of a fresh, nutty, cinnamon roll just out of the oven.

I can't imagine icing this tea or adding sweetener too it.  Icing it would kill the subtlety.

No comments:

Post a Comment