Saturday, December 6, 2014

Tea experiments: Tea and booze, part the first

Inspired by the Canadian "blueberry tea," I decided to try some of my own tea and alcohol combos.   Today's experiment is Celestial Seasonings' Cinnamon Apple Spice, a tea I generally find slightly too sweet, mixed with ice cider.  Ice cider (also known as cidre de glace) is a liquor made by fermenting the juice of frozen apples or frozen apple juice.  It's a big thing in Montreal, which is how I discovered it.

Ice cider is smooth, sweet and not fizzy, all of which really work for me.  The combo of the ice cider in the hot apple tea is excellent.  The slight bite of the cider blends well with the sweetness of the tea.  The apple flavor very strong, but it never descends into the cloying sweetness of apple juice.   This combo is definitely a keeper, assuming my minions bring me back more ice cider from Canada.

1 comment:

  1. Or you could try the "friends and family" express if the minions drink it all up.

    ReplyDelete