Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Ahmad Tea's Mango Magic Black

In the summer, I like fruity black teas to use for making iced tea.  I'm very very pleased with Ahmad Tea's Mango Magic black tea for this purpose.   The underlying black tea is good quality.  It doesn't go bitter when I get interrupted by work and end up over-steeping it.  The Ahmad Teas website says it's a Kenyan black.  I've heard a lot of good things about Kenyan teas and need to try more of them.

The mango flavor is wielded with a medium hand.  It's not too sweet but it is strong enough to come out in the aroma of the brew even after it's iced.  Flavorwise, it definitely stands up to icing.  I can taste both the tea flavors and the mango flavors distinctly.  It's a summery and delightful drink, particularly welcome on gray, muggy rainy days like today. 

I haven't tried the tea hot yet.  It might be a little overly fruity side for drinking as hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment