Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Teavana Goes Bottled

Stopping in at my local Starbuck's this week, I discovered that Teavana is now selling bottled iced tea.  Well, that sorts of demands that I try it.

The first bottle was Passion Tango Herbal Tea.  It tracks Teavana's Passion Tango tea blend fairly well.  It's fruity and sweet, but the hint of cinnamon in there makes it better than the average sweetened fruit tea.  I would dial back the hibiscus and the sweetener, myself, but that's a very personal taste issue.  If sweetened tea is your thing, it's pretty good.

On the other end of the spectrum was the Peach Green Tea.  This one definitely qualifies as "I drink bad tea so you don't have to."  It started out just fine, as a nice peachy green with very little sweetness.  But then the horrible grassy aftertaste reared up and smacked me in the palate, as though I'd been gargling with lawn cuttings.  I like a good grassy or leafy green tea.  This, however, was far too much grass for the taste of anyone not an equine.  The nasty aftertaste ruins what had been a perfectly workable slightly sweet green tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment