Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Bad Tea Chronicles: Arteasan Black Tea with Blueberry and Ginseng

Today I discovered I don't like ginseng.   I've had teas that purport to have ginseng flavors in them before without objecting to them.  But this . . . whatever it is, well it's simply awful.

Arteasan is a new line of bottled iced teas now being carried by my local upscale grocery store.  I've quite liked the Green Tea with Passionfruit and Elderberry (which is what I was going to write about today before I put this other awful substance in my mouth).  The Black Tea with Blueberry and Ginseng, however, is powerfully wretched.

It is so wretched, in fact, that I am currently eating Cheetos simply to get the taste of it out of my poor unfortunate mouth.   I drink bad tea so you don't have to.

I detect absolutely no blueberry flavor in this swill whatsoever.  I don't even taste any tea, despite black tea "extract" allegedly being the first ingredient.  All I get is an initial dry almost powdery taste of too much ginseng, followed by a horrid cloying sweetness that attempts to claw its way off of my tongue and escape back to whatever Lovecraftian cesspool spawned it.

And what the hell is guarana seed?  Oh, it's some sort of New Age-y alternative to caffeine.  I'll take my caffeine in its natural leafy form as Nature intended, thank you very much.

For reasons that pass my understanding I bought two bottles of this, and I have valuable prizes for anyone willing to drink that second bottle.   The first bottle has been pored down the toilet to kill the alligators breeding in the sewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment