Monday, October 17, 2016

Tea-rrific Ice Cream: Chunky London Mist

While wondering in the grocery store in a cold-mediation-induced mental haze, I found Tea-rrific Ice Cream's Chunky London Mist.   Tea and ice cream are two of my favorite things.  It billed itself as "The malty and citrusy notes of Earl Grey tea with a hint of vanilla, rich semi-sweet Belgian chocolate flakes and buttery roasted pecan chunks."  I love vanilla, semi-sweet chocolate and pecans!  This should be great, right?

Um . . . . nope.



Chunky London Mist tasted horrible.   The Earl Grey tea "notes" dominated, and they were overly citrusy, like being mugged by bergamot.  I never found or tasted the alleged roasted pecans.  There was no vanilla to speak of.  It was as if poor quality Early Grey tea with too much milk had been frozen and then had some semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed in.  

This ought to have been great.  I'm deeply disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment