Friday, September 30, 2016

Alys's Tea Party Blend: Elizabeth's Caramel Apple Moxie

 Elizabeth's Caramel Apple Moxie is one of the specialty blends that I created through Adagio; it was designed as a blend of chai, caramel and apple.  Now that the weather is turning colder (and wetter), and hot tea finally sounds appetizing, I decided it was time for a tasting.

I don't like milk in my tea, so I am going to have to recruit some other tea drinker to drink this as "proper" chai.  I'm sure someone will take that bullet for the team.

In leaf/chunk form, this tea smells sweet and spicy, like a tin full of autumn.  Brewed, that scent lovely scent remains, with the apple becoming a distinct note amid the chai spices.

This tea tastes best with a teaspoon of clover honey -- the sweetness of the honey brings out the full flavors of the caramel and apple without eliminating the spicy chai.  Otherwise, the apple gets overwhelmed by the spices of the chai and can be found only in the scent.  The unsweetened version isn't bad by any means.  It's a lovely slightly sweet chai.  The cloves and the cinnamon are just strong enough.  But, adding honey or Sugar in the Raw lets the blend sing all of its notes.

I look forward to enjoying this throughout the fall season.

No comments:

Post a Comment