Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Tea tasting: Koalas in the Rain specialty blend

One of the Adagio specialty blends I designed is Koalas in the Rain, named after a little NSFW ditty from zefrank's True Facts About Marsupials video.  If you watch it, be sure to wait until the end for the song. 

This decaf tea was inspired by the Peach Melba dessert -- it blends raspberry, peach and vanilla flavors, all tastes that I find summery and soothing.

I discovered something interesting about this blend since I received it in the mail a few weeks ago.  It has gotten noticeably better tasting and smelling the longer I have let it sit in the tin.   The first batch brewed right out of the tin, the same day I received it (so within maybe 3 days of its being blended) was unimpressive.   I was deeply disappointed, because I thought the flavor blend was a good one.

However, when I went back to this tea a few days ago, I found that time since blending had drastically improved it.   Now it has the fruity tone I was looking for, with a rich vanilla over-layer.  I prepared it for icing, and steeped some fresh raspberries in the brew as well.   It made for a fun, summery tea that was tasty without being overly sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment