Sunday, April 3, 2016

Tea tasting: Adagio Black Teas

I ordered some Adagio samples again: This time I bought some very basic black teas as a change of pace from the more exotic blends.

The Irish Breakfast was everything I could want out of an Irish Breakfast tea.  It was strong, black, hardy, basic and an excellent caffeine delivery system.   It was still the tea equivalent of a punch in the face after two brewings.

The Assam Melody had more subtlety without losing its essential tea-ness.   A good Assam is still my favorite way to start the morning.  Adagio bills this as a "friendly" Assam for people still new to drinking good tea with layered flavors.  I tend to think of all Assams that way -- they are the tea for people who like black tea for its own sake -- and the Assam Melody did not disappoint.

2 comments:

  1. Alys, can you review some good rice teas? I had Numi's Toasted Rice Tea and it was wonderful. Now I am wondering what else is out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I just need to find some place that sells samples. I haven't tried Numi's Toasted Rice yet.

      Delete