Monday, April 11, 2016

Bottled Iced Tea: Pure Leaf's "Tea House Collection"

During this weekend's road trip, I discovered a new brand of bottled iced tea.  Pure Leaf (otherwise known for its perfectly adequate commercial iced tea) has a "Tea House Collection" in heavy glass bottles.  Intrigued, I picked up the Black Tea with Wild Blackberry and Sage and the Green Tea with Fuji Apple and Ginger.  I must say, both were pretty darn good.

The Black Tea was definitely the better of the two.  It had flavor and character without being sweet.   It's a rare bottled iced tea that is worth tasting, rather than simply chugging for caffeine content, but this one tasted like it was decent quality tea.

The Green Tea with Fuji Apple and Ginger was interesting.  The mix of ginger and tea was odd, and the apple tone kept fighting the ginger and tea flavors for dominance.   But I want to drink it again when I'm not also focused on driving so that I can take the time to analyze the taste more closely.  It was definitely a vast improvement over 90% of bottled tea choices, however.

I definitely approve of the "Tea House Collection" and of the easily recyclable glass bottles.


No comments:

Post a Comment