Sunday, September 20, 2015

Raspberry Sugar from The Spice and Tea Exchange

+Wendy Marques brought me some raspberry-flavored sugar (sugar and raspberry puree) from The Spice and Tea Exchange some time ago, but I had forgotten about it.   Today, I decided to try it in some Assam.

I don't usually like sweetened tea.  I like tea to taste like tea.  However, one-half teaspoon of the raspberry sugar in 12 oz. of strong Assam managed to invigorate the flavor without being overly sweet.  It didn't have the artificial teeth-smarting sweetness that makes sweet tea so unpleasant to me.  Yes, it was sweet, but almost daintily so.  It tasted more like I'd crushed a raspberry into the brew than like I'd added too much sugar.

The Spice and Tea Exchange website has a number of other flavored sugars for sale.  Next time I have some free cash to spend on tea-related things, I'm going to order some more for taste-testing.

Ooh, they also carry teas.  Definitely an excellent find.

No comments:

Post a Comment