Sunday, September 6, 2015

Awful Coconut-Tea-Water-Thing

Well, that was vile.

ONE has started selling coconut water with tea.   As I tend to like tropical flavors in tea, I thought this sounded interesting and worth a try.   So I picked up the Tropical Colada flavor.

I drink bad tea-related products, so you don't have to.   :-)

Apparently, this stuff is made of coconut water, pineapple juice, passionfruit juice and tea.  I suspect that the mixture of juices was at some point shown a low-rent diner tea bag.  Or perhaps the original fruits were shown the tea bag.   There is no discernable tea or tea-related flavor in this substance.  There is, however, a sort of slimy back-taste that makes me want to scrape the back of my tongue and throat.

I tried mixing the coconut-tea-water stuff with strong black iced tea.   It didn't help.  

I tried mixing it with  a strong tropical green tea.   Nope.  That slimy back-taste just won't quit.

I'm dumping the rest of this stuff down the sink now, hoping that it won't destroy the septic system.

No comments:

Post a Comment