Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tea tasting: Zhena's Pomegranate Rose Green Tea

One of my readers kindly gave me a sampler of Zhena's tea blends to review.  Today's cup was Pomegranate Rose Green Tea.  I was somewhat dubious about this one -- done badly it could have been like drinking bad potpourri.

I was very lucky.  The Pomegranate Rose Green Tea is a nicely grassy green tea with the slightly sweet flavor of pomegranate lingering in the background.  I honestly did not and do not taste the rose elements at all.  At most, there's a slightly floral perfume to the brewed tea that could, I suppose, possibly suggest roses.  It's important to watch the brewing time one this tea.  If steeped too long it goes quite quickly into bitterness.  

A little bit of honey is a nice addition.  It enhances the pomegranate flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment