Thursday, June 5, 2014

Adequate Commercial Iced Tea

When I am desperately thirsty and/or needing caffeine, my threshold for iced tea is not high.  If it is cold, liquid, contains caffeine and doesn't taste like slightly diluted fructose syrup, I'll probably drink it.  As thirsty and in need of caffeine sort of defines my morning state, I drink a lot of commercial iced tea in the summer.

Commercial teas that meet my threshold of adequately drinkable can be found at Dunkin' Donuts, Panera and (yes really) Starbucks.  They get the job done without actively offending my palate.  Not that this is high praise, of course.

Good iced tea has to be made in smaller batches.  I've yet to find a mass-produced tea, even one that is brewed with leaves, that is truly flavorful and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment