Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Elmwood Inn's Wild Strawberry Green Tea

Now that I have finished off some of my tea packages, I can start drinking and writing about new teas.   I picked up Elmwood Inn's Wild Strawberry Green Tea when I was in Meridies for KWHSS this past summer.   Elmwood Inn is a new tea vendor for me -- I spent hours today crawling through their website, which is chock full of great stuff.

Their Wild Strawberry uses green tea from Japan with strawberry and papaya flavors.  The particular green tea used here is one of the floral varieties, giving the brew a very flowery aroma both in the tin and after brewing.  I don't notice the papaya flavor in the brew.   The strawberry is nicely strong, however, fairly competing with the floral qualities of the tea.  It's a very soothing brew, not overly sweet, and a great antidote to gray February days.

No comments:

Post a Comment