Sunday, November 22, 2015

Tea Tasting: Mighty Leaf's Chamomile Citrus Herbal Tea

This has been a weekend of teas that are gentle to my stomach.  I realized that I haven't reviewed Mighty Leaf's Chamomile Citrus tea, even though it is one of my dependable soothers.  So here we go.

This tisane is made from rosehips, orange peels, chamomile flowers, lemon grass, lemon myrtle, nana mint, hibiscus flowers and natural citrus flowers.  I hadn't realized there was hibiscus in this tea until I read the ingredients -- there's none of the usual tart tang I associate with hibiscus.

I love this tea.  The aroma is lemony and very slightly grassy.  It's comfortable and soothing like chamomile should be, yet the citrus elements prevent the flavor from becoming bland and insipid.  The citrus becomes stronger the longer it is brewed.  I like a good 5-8 minute brew time for this tea.   It's a good late-night palate cleanser, and excellent with a dash of honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment