Monday, September 29, 2014

Bad Tea Chronicles: Steaz Iced Green Tea with Raspberry

I saw Steaz Iced Green Tea with Raspberry  in the supermarket when buying lunch today, and decided to give it a try.  It is canned iced tea that advertises itself as naturally sweetened and zero calories.   I am here to put you all on notice.  If you see a Steaz Iced Green Tea with Rapsberry in your vicinity, run.  Run far, run fast, and don't look back because it might see you.  If you have a can in your possession now, put a stake through its heart and bury it at the crossroads in a ring of rock salt.

It is awful.  Pure awful in a can.  I took one gulp and promptly began looking for some way to wipe the taste off my tongue.  I am contemplating eating a bag of Doritos because that unnatural flavor is the only thing I can think of that might be enough to kill off this lingering repulsive aftertaste.

My single gulp was a bizarre combination of overly sickeningly sweet and overly grassy, with a dose of strangely chemical backtaste.  It's like what I imagine a SweeTart would taste like after being rolled in grass, dipped in the Passaic River, and then put back in my mouth.  I don't know if it was the sweetener or if the tea had simply gone bad in the can (although "drink by" date is in 2016), or if it is simply the height of manufactured awfulness, but I advise never ever drinking this, even on a dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment