Monday, November 18, 2013

Basic morning caffeine

There's tea for drinking and savoring and then there's tea that serves the basic purpose of getting me up and moving in the morning.  That being said, there's still no reason to drink bad tea.  My current go-to "utility tea" is Twinings Black Current Breeze.  The black current flavor is not strong; this is not a fruity tea.  The black current instead is a residual flavor note that lingers after the essential black tea flavor.  This is a tea that can be steeped to great strength without turning bitter.  It ices well for summer.

So, what is your favorite "utility tea"?

8 comments:

  1. Harney & Sons Irish Breakfast, Barry's Gold or PG Tips for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. English Breakfast all the way.... I have also recently taken a liking to Assam tea with a little bit of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yorkshire Gold, PG Tips in a pinch. Brewed to coalminer strength with milk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stash Double Bergamot Earl Gray is my morning go-to tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am almost always up for a cup of Bigelow French Vanilla. Or the 'Mint Melange' from Trader Joe's (even though that's a tisane...).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue People Ginseng Oolong from Vital Tea Leaf. No idea why it is called that but wow, does it wake you up in the morning, and even better - no jitters like I get when I drink too much coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For early mornings, Celestial Seasoning's Morning Thunder works well for me. Twinings is the basic tea at our house for most things, but a good oolong is my real favorite. I've still got some of the no-english-brand-name loose oolong my dad brought me from Japan, but rarely have time to make loose tea.

    ReplyDelete